Sunday, July 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

We are home!  Yahoo!  We have one more week at home before I go back to work - I was already going to start the process of checking work email but I forgot my password!  So instead I'll watch my girls bounce on the trampoline as I kick back on the deck in my own back yard and write out what I assume will be the last update for the blog...

We arrived back Saturday (one day early) and it was great to open the front door to our home and with some nervous energy begin the process of unpacking and getting our heads wrapped around the reality of being back home.  My parents and family are away, but we quickly headed to the hospital to surprise Leonard and give grandpa a hug!  He has been in our thoughts and prayers and we continue to trust in our God for peace, strength, and wisdom as our family continues to walk with him on the cancer journey.

We were officially away for 90 days and in that time:
- the van travelled 13, 500 kms
- we ate at 13 different fast-food restaurants (Best Burgers - #1 Five Guys #2 Habit Burger #3 In n Out)
- we saw licence plates from 40 different states and 6 different provinces
- we swam in 18 different swimming pools
- we met people from Norway, Finland, Denmark, Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, Washington, Vancouver Island, Minnesota, South Carolina, Oregon, Texas, California, Arizona, Utah, and Kentucky
- the girls watched "The Lorax" over 15 times
- I read over 12 books, 3 epistles, 2 gospels
- the tooth fairy visited us twice
- we took over 1,800 pictures

As I think about the last few months, I can hear Keziah singing "It's a Small World" - we've heard that song lots over the past three weeks! And yet as I think about the last few months, it's the world that seems much bigger, me so much smaller, and God that much greater...

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.  One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your might acts.  They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty - and I will meditate on your wonderful works.  They tell of the power of your awesome works - and I will proclaim your great deeds." Psalm 145:3-6 



No comments:

Post a Comment