Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Raining, it's Pouring

Well, we've had a few rain days which is to be expected but I think we're feeling a little cooped up inside.  We've watched a few sessions in the "Life" series (produced by BBC Planet Earth) and I'm starting to remember the names of the characters in "My Little Pony" so it's time to get out again!  It's mostly Julia and I getting a little bored, the girls are having a blast, and once again (like she did in Mexico) Nevae is saying that she doesn't want to leave.  We haven't spent as much time outdoors as we liked, but here is Nevae and Keziah conquering part of the climbing wall.






The last couple of days Esperanza has hosted a native men's retreat.  This was a rental group with the purpose of the retreat being to help the men heal from the scars of the residential school system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system).  Julia and I helped out in the kitchen, serving and cleaning up.  Esperanza, as a Christian organization, hoped this is a way to help build bridges and heal negative stereotypes many of the native people have of Christians and "the church".  I think they had a good time and we've prayed that God would this experience to soften hearts.  A work group from Portland soon arrives.  I'm hoping we can get out to do some fishing shortly once it quits raining!

God continues to speak into me the truth that Christ lives within me...
"Christ in me" means something quite different from the weight of an impossible ideal..."Christ in me" means Christ mean Christ bearing me along from within, Christ the motive power that carries me on, Christ giving my whole life a wonderful poise and lift, and turning every burden into wings...not as something you have to bear but as something by which you are borne." - James S. Stewart
We were meant to house the fullness of God - He transforms us, changes our name from sinner to saint!

I'd definitely encourage you to read through the book "the good and beautiful God" by James Bryan Smith.


No comments:

Post a Comment