Saturday, June 15, 2013

Beauty of God's Creation

Everyday we thank God for this experience, we feel so blessed to have this special time as a family, it has been so good for us.  We've done some neat hikes as a family the past few days, including one that crosses a ravine by using a log and rope "railings".  The stunning beauty of God's creation has been overwhelming.  It reminds me of the beauty of God himself.  God could have created an ugly world, but because He is creative and beautiful and wondrous, his creation reflects that!





It's so beautiful here!

Pretty much the biggest rose I've ever seen
With the men now gone from the retreat, I went back to working on various projects around Esperanza.  The latest is building a frame to put a cedar shake skirting around the bottom of one of the buildings.  I spent half a day ripping 2x4's (literally 2 x 4 cedar - I can't imagine how expensive this wood would be back home).  I've also decided to leave the home we're living in, in better condition than when we got it (I don't think this home gets used very much?), so we're cleaning up around the place.



We've now all seen a seal, and I even managed to come face to face with one when it came up one of the pier holes by the floating dock!  We've also enjoyed watching eagles soaring around and trying to catch fish in front of  our place.  The girls tried out the water today - yep, still cold.  


We took a trip into Tahsis again and went bowling, (Julia destroyed me) swimming, and ice cream cones for supper!


Restaurant in Tahsis
Dog at Esperanza got a bone stuck around it's lower jaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment